Thursday 19 March 2015

Holiday Series - Planning

Since booking our holiday, I've been doing a bit of research and found some good links that I'd thought I would share with you.

Mumsnet - How To Survive Journeys With Children

Mumsnet - Family Journeys Through Airports

Mumsnet - Holiday Checklist

A Cup Of Joy - 10 Ways to Entertain a Toddler on a Plane

HelloBee - Packing Checklist

BabyCentre - Packing List

My Dear Lizzy - Flying With a Toddler Checklist

BabyCentre.co.uk Holiday Guides

Have Baby Will Travel - Packing List

Mission2Mum - Going On Holiday With a Toddler What To Pack

Our Little House In The Country - Tips For Travelling With Kids - she has 4 posts, the other three are linked at the bottom of this post

Pinterest search for Family Holiday Packing List - loads more lists on here, love Pinterest!

I am a big planner when we go on holiday, as I don't like to forget anything, even before I had Ben I would write lists. The one time I didn't and I forgot a beach bag, so had to buy one there!

I normally start with a general list - right now that's in my head. I will then write it down (probably in April as we go 1st June), but won't add numbers of items or anything. I'll then do a more detailed list 3 weeks before we fly, with numbers of each items etc.

Quite a bit part of what we take will be as to how Ben is coming along with the potty training, at the minute not so good, so we may need to take nappies for day and night. But my plan with that is to pack as many as possible, as we have 60kg of hold luggage between us. And also buy some at the airport from Boots once through security if needed. That way we don't have to worry about buying any out there.

I also plan cleaning the house, and washing of clothes. As I like the washing basket relatively empty for when we get back, as you have enough washing to do with everything that you've worn on holiday! I am working the day before we leave, but I do have that evening (we'll be leaving just after midnight - so we won't be sleeping) and the day before. And as we won't be doing our usual trip to the supermarket we'll have extra time.

I also try not to leave the house the week we leave (apart from work), as I can stay more organised with sorting out the suitcases, carry ons and cleaning and laundry.

One thing I like to do is write a shopping list, of toiletries that we need, and start buying them 2/3 months before you go, so you don't have to buy them all in one go, as suncream and aftersun is rather expensive!

No comments:

Post a Comment