Monday 15 September 2014

Holiday Series: Packing




This was the state of our spare room until I started packing. This is mostly just my things and a few of Ben's items. I did add most of Ben's clothes and Steve added his the day before I packed. I like to get everything together and pack gradually. I like to get the toiletries and my make-up sorted into bags, and my hair accessories and jewellery as well. I also like to gather all the clothes and shoes together as well. Just so it's all there ready for when I do pack. I did pack downstairs, so I took several trips up and down the stairs.

I pack all the heavier clothing items at the bottom of the suitcase, as most of the time the suitcase will be in the top box of the car. I also like to do bottoms first, so trousers and shorts, and then add in the t-shirts. I use the common rolling method for all the clothes.

As all three of us are using one suitcase it's quite stressful trying to get everything in! Last year I actually had to take a lot out, and Steve decided to not count his tops and gave me like 12 to pack! Haha! This year I'm much more prepared, and added a few maybe items to my pile (although I did not include them, and did have to take out a couple of things), and also with having an overnight bag this year we have a bit of extra space. We also have 2 toiletry bags not in the suitcase. One which has our overnight products in and one with everything else in. We also have a pack of nappies and a packet of wipes to go somewhere.

Ahead of packing the suitcase I sorted out our car bags; Ben's bag of toys, the changing bag and my bag, and the overnight bag.

Sometimes it can be stressful, and sometimes you can forget things. Which is one of the reasons I like to gather things together and add to the pile gradually.I also made a list as a rough guide to know what to take.

It does make it harder to pack having Ben, we have to take more. I think the hardest thing is finding room for his snacks and drinks in all the bags! Atleast it will be easier on the way back as we'll use up things.

No comments:

Post a Comment